Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:41:07 +0100

Trace only works on interpreted procedures. Compiled procedures cannot be traced.

Thank you.

How do I debug my own code ?

If I call (debug (my-function my-argument)) the debugger says that the object passed as argument to debug is not a condition or a continuation.

It proposes a wonderful view (with the break up in subproblems) of the system code, but as for my function it only shows what my function returned.

I would love to see the same break up in subproblems on my own code.

How can I achieve that ?

Thanks

P.S. I also tried with calling bkpt in the middle of my code but in that case the debugger shows a window that is not as interactive as the one shown when calling debug directly.