Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] syntax.c

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] syntax.c
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 23:06:50 -0700

It looks OK to me. And I don't see any more complaints.

I don't see any reason to put time into this. It's only needed by Edwin and I think it would be a waste of time to upgrade Edwin to handle unicode strings.

The only other place it might be used is by the old regexp code, but that's deprecated and should be getting phased out (except for Edwin).

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM Matt Birkholz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 18:00 +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> I don't really care, but can't you just add /*FALLTHROUGH*/
> annotations to appease GCC?

I added /* fall through */ in a few places, but the syntax.c code was
unfamiliar and I could not say if I was looking at a bug there.  If I
read it enough to understand it, I would be tempted to re-code it in
Scheme, especially if there are unicode-aware procedures to help.