[MIT-Scheme-devel] Help with Windows?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Help with Windows?
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 23:17:52 -0700

I'm in the process of putting together a new release of MIT/GNU Scheme.

Unfortunately, while most of out contributors have moved to 64-bit hardware, the Windows port is still 32-bit. And it hasn't worked very well in a long time, mostly because of memory addressing issues in the 32-bit space.

I don't have the energy nor the interest to update the Windows port. I never use Windows and as far as I know none of the other contributors does either.

So I'm looking for a volunteer who would like to do this work.

If no one steps up, then the next release will not be ported to Windows. Even if we do get a volunteer, it still might not be in the release, since I'd like to get the release out in the near future and I think the work to update the Windows port will take a while.

So please, if you care about using MIT/GNU Scheme on Windows and are willing to help, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
Chris