Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Default floating-point traps

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Default floating-point traps
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 01:19:18 -0700

My argument for having them on by default is that, if your computation doesn't trap, that means it didn't overflow or underflow or something like that. For a naive user, who expects FP numbers to "just work" (that IS naive!) it's a great big flag that what they are doing is wrong.

But I don't feel very strongly about this.