Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin doesn't launch in master

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin doesn't launch in master
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:47:07 -0700

I just merged my makefile-refactor branch into master.

The changes are pretty extensive:

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:22 AM Matt Birkholz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2018-10-21 at 16:25 +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> Fails to build in x11.  Am I doing something wrong?  I see several .h
> files with `typedef unsigned long SCM;', which doesn't seem right.

I compared the command lines libtool chose for each of us and they are
identical (modulo whitespace and the placement of the -I/usr/X11R7/
include option).

Maybe your gcc is newer than my old Ubuntu 18.04 gcc (7.3.0), and now
redefinition to the same type is an error, not a consistency check.