Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] fasl arch for svm1

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] fasl arch for svm1
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:01:16 -0800

And I have another TODO item to address the problem with select-on-bytes-per-word using the host implementation to decide what size the target is.
We have several issues with cross compilation.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:37 PM Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:14:40 -0800
> From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>
>
> Yeah, I'm puzzled by that one too. I didn't have time to chase it down
> before the release.

Seems to me the right thing to do is:

1. Invent FASL_ARCH_SVM1.
2. Teach the cross-compiler to spit it out.

After all, as I understand it, the fasl architecture is relevant only
for compiled code.  Maybe there'll be a byte ordering issue too but
that can probably be smoothed out in fasl.c for SVM1.

The cross-fasdump branch is an attempt to do something like (2); maybe
it can be revived.