Re: FFI Idea

From: Scheming Pony
Subject: Re: FFI Idea
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 00:52:32 +0000

> Do-What-Scheming-Pony-Means layer on top of my rude and ugly.

At first I thought DWIM was "Dylan Window Interface Manager".  "Prefix
forever", Dylan, sorry. :(

Really what we have here is what us Westerners call a "Mexican standoff" (viz
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly").  A programmer (hereafter "the hero") wants
ease of use/elegance while the language developer (hereafter "the cattle
baron") wants to laze around in their travertine lined tub, smoking Cuban
cigars, and refusing to modify their system.

I've read enough Louis L'Amour to know there is always compromise and use a
concept called "platform independence", and I'm going to use an indirection to
allow either way.  My wife and I figur'd this out last night while watching
"Hondo".

[Some kind of Scheme/C POSIX franken-code elided.]

--
Stewart Milberger

 ^|||^
 \. ./ Scheming