Trouble Running Scmutils on OS X

From: Chas Leichner
Subject: Trouble Running Scmutils on OS X
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 14:12:13 -0700

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to ask this question, I asked about this on #scheme and they directed me here.

I'm working on reading Functional Differential Geometry and ran into a problem installing scmutils. I'm using a mac (Mojave 10.14.5 with MIT Scheme 10.1.10) which the scmutils docs say is supported, but get an architecture not supported error when I try to run it.

Naively, it looks like I just need to recompile the .com for my architecture, but I don't know how to make new band with this code. The compilation docs look like they require a single file as an entry point and from my understanding the band creation docs describe what to do once all of the code in question is loaded. Are there conventions I should know or docs to read on this point? I don't see an obvious entry point to load the whole library, though I am not very familiar with scheme and, as such, happy to do some more reading.
~/D/scmutils-20190830 ❯❯❯ ls
COPYING       calculus      general       mechanics     numerics      solve
INSTALL       display       install.sh    mechanics.com poly          uninstall.sh
README        enclose       kernel        mechanics.sh  simplify      units
~/D/scmutils-20190830 ❯❯❯ export MITSCHEME_HEAP_SIZE=100000
export MITSCHEME_BAND=mechanics.com
~/D/scmutils-20190830 ❯❯❯ mit-scheme
MIT/GNU Scheme running under OS X
Type `^C' (control-C) followed by `H' to obtain information about interrupts.

Bad compiled-code version in FASL File: /usr/local/Cellar/mit-scheme/10.1.10/lib/mit-scheme-svm1/mechanics.com
File has: compiled-code interface 3; architecture 14.
Expected: compiled-code interface 3; architecture 13.

Microcode Error: No error handlers.
Error code 0x3a (fasload-compiled-mismatch).

**** Stack Trace ****

{0x119273fb8}
    Return code: [return-code pop-return-error]
    _expression_: #F
{0x119273fc8}
    Return code: [return-code internal-apply]
    _expression_: #F
{0x119273fd8}  ...: [false 0x2]
{0x119273fe0}  ...: [primitive LOAD-BAND]
{0x119273fe8}  ...: "/usr/local/Cellar/mit-scheme/10.1.10/lib/mit-scheme-svm1/mechanics.com"
{0x119273ff0}
    Return code: [return-code non-existent-continuation]
    _expression_: #F

No error handler.
~/D/scmutils-20190830 ❯❯❯

Thanks for the help,