Compiling mit-scheme 11.1 under OpenBSD

From: Alexander Shendi
Subject: Compiling mit-scheme 11.1 under OpenBSD
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 09:45:40 +0100

Hi list,

I thought that the following might be of interest:

I have manage to get mit-scheme 11.1 up and running under OpenBSD
(tested with 6.8-stable and 6.9-beta (-current)).

Build notes:
As the build process involves running the mit-scheme binary,
both the source and installation directory must be mounted
with the wxallowed flag. In a standard OpenBSD install /usr/local
is mounted with wxallowed. I choose to build under /usr/local/src
and to install to /usr/local.

Patching the source:
Some minor changes are needed to files in src/microcode/:
*  src/lib/include/uxtrap.c
*  src/lib/include/confshared.h

I have attached the gziped output of:
$ diff -ur -x '*.o' -x 'config*' -x 'Makefile*' -x '*.bin' \
     mit-scheme-11.1 mit-scheme-11.1-p1
Unfortunately this still has many "false positives".

Configuring:
$ ./configure CC=clang CXX=clang++ LDFLAGS=-Wl,-zwxneeded

I hope that this may be useful. If you have any questions or
remarks please cc me, as I'm not currently subscribed to this list.

Best Regards and take care.

-- Alexander