Re: Unable to import R7RS libraries in the REPL

From: Sam Lee
Subject: Re: Unable to import R7RS libraries in the REPL
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 02:47:14 +0000

On 2021-12-01 16:18:56 +0200, Lassi Kortela wrote:
> Use ,(import (example mylib))
>
> See ,help

Thank you. I see that this is documented in the User's Manual for MIT
Scheme 11.1 and 11.2 in section 3.1.5 "REPL Escapes".

But why does ,(import (example mylib)) need to start with a comma? From
R7RS-small section 5.7 "The REPL":

> Implementations may provide an interactive session called a REPL
> (Read-Eval-Print Loop), where import declarations, expressions and
> definitions can be entered and evaluated one at a time.

Nowhere in the standard does it say that import declarations start with
a comma.