Re: Closer to Scheme in ROM

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: Re: Closer to Scheme in ROM
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 00:46:57 +0300

I've been working with the Open Dylan team, and looking at some ideas using Scheme alongside Dylan.

Is there a canonical VM instruction set for Dylan? I'd expect something simulataneously Smalltalk and Lisp flavored.

DEC had an implementation that had the operator in the prefix position, where it belongs, called Thomas.

Could we hope for Open Dylan to revive this syntax and support it as an alternative to the infix one?

Sorry for any think-os, type-os, or C-style cast-os, it's been a long week.

Better than a long long week or a double week, perhaps.