[Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users digest, Vol 1 #12 - 1 msg

From: Linda
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users digest, Vol 1 #12 - 1 msg
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:28:59 +0100

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Problem with mldonkey (Martin =?iso-8859-15?q?H=F6fling?=)
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> From: Martin =?iso-8859-15?q?H=F6fling?= <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:50:23 +0200
> Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Problem with mldonkey
>
> Hi, i have problem with mldonkey :-)
>
> I always get the following server error msg, if i want to save my prefs:
>
> Exception Pervasives.Exit in Options.save
>
> Any ideas?=20
> Thx for help.
>
> Martin
>
> P.S: I have tried the 1.16 binaries for 368 and 686, static and shared an=
> d I=20
> use a Redhat 7.3.

Hello Martin,
I got this one .....
mldonkey-1.16.shared.i686-Linux.tar.bz2
I've had no problems. I think the shared one is better because it doesn't
have to statically link to libraries that might not be there on your
particular Linux. I think i686 is meant for KDE 3.0 Do you have KDE 3.0?
Otherwise I would go for i586 shared.
mldonkey-1.16.shared.i586-Linux.tar.bz2

What do you mean 'server error'? Did you mean you are already connected to
servers when try and save your prefs? You could set prefs before connecting.
The *only* thing I set in prefs was a user name and directories on the
client tab
in the GUI settings. I left the rest alone because I didn't understand it.
I'm still a
newbie in Linux and tend to use it like Windoze. If I click on something, I
expect it to work and would have great trouble diagnosing problems.

The way I run it is to firstly click once on the GUI and then once on the
core. Everything else is automatic and it then downloads all the servers and
connects to about 4 of them.

I hope you get it sorted out and I think it's worth persevering for the high
speed
downloads. Being connected to several servers means it can connect to more
people at once. The windows edonkey can only connect to one server so when
I need something quicker, I hop into Linux.

linda