Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users digest, Vol 1 #12 - 1 msg

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users digest, Vol 1 #12 - 1 msg
Date: 30 May 2002 02:00:03 +0200

"Linda" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Martin,
> I got this one .....
> mldonkey-1.16.shared.i686-Linux.tar.bz2
> I've had no problems. I think the shared one is better because it doesn't
> have to statically link to libraries that might not be there on your

No, just the oposite. Statically linked means it has allready linked
in all it ever needs while dynamicly linked (or shared libraries)
means it will share thelibraries installedon your system, which must
be present in the correct version.

> particular Linux. I think i686 is meant for KDE 3.0 Do you have KDE 3.0?

KDE is a totaly different software and has no relevance what ever at
all here. i686 is for intel 686 compatible cpus.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I get the same errors.