Re: [Mldonkey-users] Emules get more than they give

From: JoLorant
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Emules get more than they give
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:47:15 +0100

Hi Fabian et al,

Am Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2002 22:34 schrieb Fabian Henrici:

> I checked the client_stats of the last days and it seems that I get from
>   Emule clients about 15-35% of my downloads but Emules get 80-90% of my
> uploads. This seems a bit unfair for the rest of the community. I know I
> have to upload to Emules to get downloads from them which I consider
> only fair, but it should be more like 50/50 in my opinion.
> What do You think?

Hmmm. My first thought was "There are lots of emules out there, and probably
only 15-35% of them have your vacation videos".
My second thought was "Ok, but neither do you have all of their vacation
videos".

My conclusion is: These statistics are irrelevant if we don't know about the
files you've shared and about those you wanted to download. For example, if
you had that double zero video on your disk and searched for Beethoven's 7th
interpreted by the Zurich Symphony Orchestra in 1968, your statistics made a
complete different sense.

Someone should invent a file spreading rating system :)

JoLo