Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Open to paches for a more complete overnet supp

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Open to paches for a more complete overnet support ?
Date: 04 Dec 2002 08:39:27 +0100

> While you are at it, could you please fix the search? Now you can only
> search for one word, our you will be swamped with totally unwanted
> results. For example:
>
> Search for "under arrest". This should normalles only return files,
> which have both words in the filename, but now you get files with
> "under" and files with "arrest" in their name, which obviously is not
> what one searching wanted.
>
> This seems to be an Overnet limitation, so mldonkey has to post-filter
> the list for the correct results.

You are absolutly right, it is to be mldonkey duty to filter results.

However, I was thinking a few days ago to a feature for mldonkey (or
mldonkeyGUI) in general : adding an "Enforce search" checkbox, which
only produces (or shows) results that match the selected filter...
Shouldn't be too difficult to add !

I think that adding this feature could :
- avoid doing it in a corner case (overnet protocol)
- improve the quality of searches in general (how many times did "xxx
yyy avi" produce results for "avi" only ? We frequent in
limewire/gnutella protocol)

N.