Re: [Mldonkey-users] Why does MLDONKEY consumes so much Memory ?

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Why does MLDONKEY consumes so much Memory ?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:09:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi

> I use this binarys: mldonkey-2.00.shared.i586-Linux.tar.bz2
> When i run mldonkey over night - at the morning i show on the computer and
> see:
> "MLdonkey Terminated".
> After 3 Hours the Physical-MEM is 100% and Computer begin to use HD-SWAP
> to get mor Memory for MLDONKEY.
> I don´t think this is " normal" <-- I´m right ?

The Donkey you're using is too old, and the bug has already been fixed.
Try to compile a fresh one with this sources:

http://concept.free.free.fr/mldonkey/pango-20021201a.sources.tar.bz2

Extract them and type:

cd mldonkey
./configure --enable-batch --disable-multinet
make depend
make

Then copy the binary over the old one, and don't forget to remove the
downloads.ini first (many parameters have changed).

Roland