[Mldonkey-users] mld is missing shared files ?

From: Marc
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] mld is missing shared files ?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:56:29 +0100

lo all,
i don't know if anyone noticed that or if it's a well known mld behaviour but i don't understand why many of my shares are almost never requested by edonkey clients..
i usually share a quite low number of files at the same time, less than 30 most of the time and it happens that after a few days on the network my mld client only shows requests from edonkey clients for 5 or 10 my files.

Of course popular files are more requested than others and get more upload i can understand that but i don't share many popular files and all the other files i share probably really have the same numbers of full sources on the network.. So i don't see any reason why some of them get a few hundreds of requests when others get no requests at all...

when i move or remove shared files i take care to do a couple of close_fds & reshare but it usualy doesn't make any difference.

also i'd like to know if there's a command to get the list of files currently shared by mld with hash and sizes so i can build ed2k links.. sorry if this is obvious with the official mld gui but i can't use it as i only use telnet or a win gui to control/query mld core..
thx

Marc