[Mldonkey-users] Asking for other files to the same sources

From: João Correia
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Asking for other files to the same sources
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:44:45 -0000

Hello all.

First, sorry for any language mistakes, as english is not my natural language.

Secondly, like some users I know, I use mldonkey to get vacation movies as well as some recordings in mp3 form of some relatives singing karaoke songs.

My question is: If I find a source for a 2 part vacation movie or a karaoke song in a collection of those (for instance all the songs sung by my uncle J last xmas – by the way, merry xmas to all!)

Does mldonkey as for the other part of the movie to the same source that have one part? If not, shouldn’t that be a desirable feature? I admit many clients won’t have those parts, but I expect that someone that has one part of a vacation movie probably has the other (or is downloading the other).

IMHO, mldonkey should try to ask one client directly for other files it’s downloading. I mean, we already found a source that is working, we should use it. More still when using “credits” as more exchange between the two will occur.

Sorry for the bad english once again, hope you understood me.

By the way, if mldonkey ALREADY does this, pretend I didn’t send this message J.

Thank you for your time,

João Correia

Merry Xmas.