[Mldonkey-users] Overnet-Ports

From: Garvin Hicking
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet-Ports
Date: 07 Dec 2002 13:12:00 +0200

 Salutations, Mldonkey-users!

I think I found the problem I couldn't connect to Overnet servers.
Well..it seems to be a firewall issue. I have bound my Donkey to my local
subnet 192.168.x.x - so that it can't be accessed from outwards. I had to
forward my 4660-4670 ports (tcp/udp) via iptables from my DSL-IP to my
LocalIP.

I didn't do that for overnet so I just think I couldn't get responses on
my donkey-machine because they responded to my DSL-IP, not my local IP. I
just mapped the configured overnet port (I chose 4488 tcp, because other
ports are allocated for other uses) - do I have to add a udp port as well?

I also switched my donkey_bind_addr to '0.0.0.0' which should also do the
trick...?!?

--
Bye,                                            ...[ icq  #21392242 |
 Garvin                                       ...[ www.supergarv.de |

... *If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question. - Lily Tomlin*