Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet-Ports

From: Garvin Hicking
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet-Ports
Date: 08 Dec 2002 15:12:00 +0200

 Salve, Martin!

>> Well..it seems to be a firewall issue. I have bound my Donkey to my
>> local subnet 192.168.x.x - so that it can't be accessed from outwards.
>> I had to forward my 4660-4670 ports (tcp/udp) via iptables from my
>> DSL-IP to my LocalIP.

> I told you from the beginning!

>> Quoting Martin:
>> Did you open the overnet_port in your firewall?

Yeah, well...it was hard to track, because it wasn't that my ports weren't
opened; all of them were. It was just because I put a bind on a local
adress in my mldonkey, which I shouldn't have done.

Now everything works just smoothly. Hopefully upload will work some time
because I'm feeling a bit ashamed of my leeching. :)

--
Bye,                                            ...[ icq  #21392242 |
 Garvin                                       ...[ www.supergarv.de |

... *For my next trick I'm lighting myself on fire!*