Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lost files.ini, perforate_file still necessary?

From: Neil Sedger
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lost files.ini, perforate_file still necessary?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:28:57 +0000

Martin wrote:
Sven Hartge wrote...

I was dumb again and lost my files.ini and files.ini.old. recover_temp
worked well so far, only all downloads are back to 0.
This happened to me some time ago and Goswin Brederlow was so kind to
implement the perforate_file command which checks the temp-file against
the chunk-md4s to see if the chunk is already present.
But I have a feeling the 2.01+CVS versions already do this themselves
when there are new bytes received for a file.

Even the 1.x version rehashed files for already downloaded
chunks....it just takes a while to hash the whole file again...just be
patience and everythink will be recovered

Does it do this for paused files too or only for downloading ones?

Neil