Re: [Mldonkey-users] Version 2.01 doesn't cooperate

From: Klaus Imgrund
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Version 2.01 doesn't cooperate
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:51:00 -0200

Thank you for your suggestions,

> Klaus Imgrund wrote...
> > I threw in version 2.01 and it starts up fine,finds files and server
> >
> > but almost no sources and doesn't do any up- or downloading.I got 20
> > downloads in my list for about 1 hr now and it found 8 sources for
> > two files.Downloaded 460kb in 1 hr.I do get some messages from
> > servers about having a low id and my port 4662 being closed.But it
> > does work with the same settings with version 2.00 and I do get
> > traffic on port 4662 - at least thats what ethereal says.
>
> Do you at least get connected to some servers? Is your serverlist up
> to date?
I do get servers - no problem.When it starts it loads a new server list.

Doublecheck if the port mldonkey uses is really opened in
> your firewall.

I can't do that because I don't have a firewall.I only got a firewall in
my hardware router - which I can't access.
But version 2.00 works ok.The firewall shouldn't be the problem then?
Pls. correct me if I am wrong here.
Also ethereal sees traffic going to port 4662 at the local address of
the box.If the router would block it ethereal wouldn't see it - I think.

What appears in client_stats (clients seen, filerequets...)?

How would I go about doing this

> Any error messages on the console?

Only error that shows up on startup is 'Can't find comments.met'

Prost,

Klaus