[Mldonkey-users] Improve results quality

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Improve results quality
Date: 15 Dec 2002 18:26:26 +0100

Hi,

First, thanks to mldonkey for having applied overnet-patch2.5. On this
subject, I hope to get soon a complete overnet implementation, which
includes : firewalled peers download and mldonkey support for File
Searches/Publish (from other peers).

However, coming back to a request made on this Mailing List, I have the
following question :

When someone starts a search like "wordA wordB" in the GUI, the
search_query is set to CONTAINS[wordA wordB]. In overnet, we start 2
searches, and we merge the results.

a/ I can filter overnet results before they get added to the sources
list. I would prefer to consider such "wordA wordB" searches like "wordA
AND wordB". Am I correct ?

b/ Is the previous behavior from the GUI correct or should it start a
QAND[CONTAINS[wordA]; CONTAINS[wordB]] search ? queries seems to have a
great semantic (AND OR NOT, ...) , but is there a way to use it in the
GUI ?