RE: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Error while parsing opcode 15

From: João Correia
Subject: RE: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Error while parsing opcode 15
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:57:13 -0000

I agree with a previous writer, I believe it was Roland. I have seen the
same error and it IS indeed a Chinese/Japanese (or Korean or somewhere
it unusual character set) server welcome message.

Mldonkey does not understand the message due to the unusual coding (ie
BIG-5 or smth) and probably catches it as more than one different
message and mistakenly takes it for an overnet op code.

I am sure it is such a server because I am connected to it atm and I
have seen exactly the same message upon logon.

By the way, the original poster said he was connected to two servers and
so mldonkey was not trying to connect to more. Well, it might be if one
or both of those servers he was connected to was bellow the
master_server_min_users value. (I believe that is mldonkey behaviour).

Thank you for your time,
Joao Correia