Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey does not work in download but inupload

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey does not work in download but inupload
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:14:24 +0100

Le Wed, 18 Dec 2002 04:37:20 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> AFAIK from this list,  mldonkey has some issues to detect an Overnet
> client, since the download protocol is the same as with edonkey. So an
> Overnet client connecting to an mldonkey client to download a file uses
> the same commands as an eDonkey client. (If I understand the
> explanations correct.)

Yes... I received no answer to this question so far, "is it possible to
recognize an Overnet peer when it connects"...

One solution would be to use a separate port for Overnet tcp (using the same
handler as the eDonkey tcp port), if it's then possible to know what port
was used to connect. Is it "too much", just to get stats rights ?

BR,
Pierre.