[Mldonkey-users] Re: can't "kill" mldonkey

From: Robin Hill
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can't "kill" mldonkey
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:40:36 +0000

On Fri Dec 20, 2002 at 12:27:07PM +0100, Oliver Heering <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i wonder if i am really the only one who has this problem:
> Whenever my mldonkey ran a few hours and has files in the queue with
> lots of sources, i am not able to kill the donkey by sending a
> "kill"-command to it over the web or the gui (mldonkeywatch in this
> case). Instead i always get these error-messages:
>
> using mldonkeywatch:
> from_gui: exception Sys_error("Input/output error") for message KillServer

This is a very common problem, yes.  When starting mldonkey you need to
redirect both the stdout and stderr.  If you just redirect the stdout
then you get this problem with stopping mldonkey (and, IIRC, with
committing files).  Try starting mldonkey with one of the following:

        ./mldonkey > mldonkey.log 2> mld_err.log &
        ./mldonkey &> mldonkey.log &
        nohup ./mldonkey &

Cheers,
        Robin