[Mldonkey-users] can't "kill" mldonkey

From: Oliver Heering
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] can't "kill" mldonkey
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:27:07 +0100

Hi,

i wonder if i am really the only one who has this problem:
Whenever my mldonkey ran a few hours and has files in the queue with
lots of sources, i am not able to kill the donkey by sending a
"kill"-command to it over the web or the gui (mldonkeywatch in this
case). Instead i always get these error-messages:

using mldonkeywatch:
from_gui: exception Sys_error("Input/output error") for message KillServer

using the web-interface:
Exception Sys_error("Input/output error")

I even tried to "close_fds" all open files and to "close_all_sockets"
all network connections and to "save" the config-files, but i still
get those errors.

The only way to stop the donkey is to kill the process via shell
("kill <pid>").

I'm using SuSE Linux 8.1 with standard kernel 2.4.19 (4GB), plenty of
swap-space free and (afaik) enough free file-descriptors.

Any idea?

cya,
sLoP