Re: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:25:17 +0100

Le Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:59:22 -0000, "Joao Correia" <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> Well, that might be very easy to do with common files. But im sure you
> realize that releases or rare files are not that easy to come up with.
> At least I have had files lie in my queue for days and not a working
> source was found. Im pretty positive Im not the only one.

I have several such files too. Maybe other changes would be helpful.
For example, when starting a download from a "friend's share list", I don't
think the friend address is automatically added to the list of sources the
the file...

> Plus, I don't
> know if it is still standard server behaviour but if I recall correctly
> from lugdunum changelogs, at some point in the (not so distant) past,
> the servers only sent part of the sources (20%?) to mldonkeys.

You're right, but it was modified several times, I think the last versions
do not use a static percentage of sources, but instead cut more heavily on
large sources lists, so rare files shouldn't be affected. See

http://lugdunum2k.free.fr/smarten.html