RE: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list

From: Joao Correia
Subject: RE: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:59:22 -0000

Hello all
>>Le Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:24:21 -0000, João Correia <address@hidden> a
>>écrit
>>:

>>> Isn't it fair to think that anyone that has one part of it probably
has
>>> the other?

>>Isn't it fair to think that if you could find the first file by
another mean
>> (servers, for example), you'll find the others just as easily ?

Well, that might be very easy to do with common files. But im sure you
realize that releases or rare files are not that easy to come up with.
At least I have had files lie in my queue for days and not a working
source was found. Im pretty positive Im not the only one. Plus, I don't
know if it is still standard server behaviour but if I recall correctly
from lugdunum changelogs, at some point in the (not so distant) past,
the servers only sent part of the sources (20%?) to mldonkeys. I admit
that it might be overkill in some cases, but in others is just plain
useful.

Thank your for your time,
Joao Correia