RE: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list

From: João Correia
Subject: RE: [Mldonkey-users] [Patch] Toggle browsing of share list
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:24:21 -0000

Hello all

        Not a blind shot. I have asked this before in this list, and
mldonkey answered me.

        Imagine you're downloading a two part vacation movie. Isn't it
fair to think that anyone that has one part of it probably has the
other? Its only logical the program should ask working sources
previously found for one file to try and see if those same sources also
have other files you need.

        Not a blind shot.
        Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, but it *is* a logical
step IMHO.

        Thank you for your time,
        Joao Correia

---

hi Pierre Etchemaite,

>> BTW: I notice a huge increase of outgoing traffic since 2.01-3.
>> Without HTB I couldn't even send this mail.
PE> Maybe because that new version is aggressive again ?
PE> How many files are you downloading at a time ?
PE> donkeyClient.query_files:
PE> [...]
PE> -                  incr nqueries
PE> -               ) (* !current_files *) c.client_source_for;
PE> +          incr nqueries
PE> +      ) !current_files (*c.client_source_for*);
PE> [...]

I'm downloading 26 files.

Hm. That means, that this tag 3 again asks every client it is
connected to my *whole* downloadlist to find a new source by a
"blind" shot?

-roland