Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Using full upload again !

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Using full upload again !
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:20:34 +0100

>  Michael Panteleit wrote:
>  > Please don't. Donkey network need any kBps upload and if there is an
>  > option to get more sources in shorter time I bet a lot of people will
>  > enable this option even if it lowers the own upload.

Only users with a high bandwidth would do that anyway. Moreover, some
people don't download a lot. For example, my client is running
24h/day, and most of the time, I have no current downloads, only
upload. So, when I want a few files, I can afford giving less upload
for a while, to get these files faster.

>  I tink, they'll turn it iff again when they see that they cannot
>  download anything anymore because they are banned by the eMule-Clients
>  out there ;-)

I don't think they will get banned. mldonkey knows remember when it
asked for files the last time, and don't reask for them for a long
delay, that is enough not to be banned be emule clients. Did I miss
something new ?

- MLDonkey