[Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS

From: Chris Gossmann
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:08:52 +0100

Hi,

looking back at the client_stats from former days
I have to say:

I do not care for the type of clients in my upload queue.
but it makes me sad, that in the past this queue was more
or less filled with emule clients leaving nearly no chance
for other clients to connect. With the latest cvs ALL other
clients have a better chance to connect. This feature is not
limited to a specific type of client. As mldonkey stated, if
only enmule clients are interested in your files, your queue
will be filled up with them. If ANY other clients are
interested in your files, these clients will get a better
chance. And at least one mldonkey client can conntect to your
queue. So I can't see anything bad in having this feature.

Remember the time that emule clients introduced the credit system?
At the time it was introduced, this feature was limited to emule
clients and emule clients only. A introduction into a 2 class world.
Emule and the rest of the world. With the new feature mldonkey
respects ALL other type of clients which are available today and
might come up in the future.

And a last thought about the 'Banning' feature. If any type of
client is trying to behave more 'equal' than others, it's only fair
against the others to ban the 'tuned' ones.

Cheers,

Chris