Re: [Mldonkey-users] Ask for all files ?

From: Tobias Geis
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Ask for all files ?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:33:15 +0100

Roland Arendes wrote:
hi Tobias Geis,

what does the message "ask for all files" mean in the console ?
Who is asking for files ?

What version? Never seen this messages and I cannot find it in the
actual CVS.

TG> I am using the CVS Version 2.02 and the Pango patches for that version
TG> from 24.12
TG> This message comes very very often

The message is caused by this patch:

http://concept.free.free.fr/mldonkey/patches-against-CVS2.02/query_unknown_indirects.patch

I don't understand ocaml and it is not commented, perhaps Pierre can
say a few words to it.

I think it prints this if someone asks for all files you have, because
you have a LOW-ID and the caller doesn't know that you're the one
which was firewalled (he doesn't know your IP, the server asked you
to connect to him), so he asks you for all files you've got.

type 'id' in the console and if the number(s) behind the --> are not
your IP, then you're firewalled (bad for you).

The id for all connected servers IS my IP.
So what could it be ?

Tobias