Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is MLDonkey taking over or stats broken?

From: Logi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is MLDonkey taking over or stats broken?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:20:55 +0100

Funny thing is, mldonkey seens are about 30-50% of my total seens. I yesterday resetted my donkey after running for three days, and my
stats there where, that 55% of all seens (about 60000) clients where
mldonkey. As much as I like mldonkey, I can't believe that this is
real. Is maybe emule faking mldonkey-heritage? Or are the stats just
broken?

I did notice the same a few days ago. I think the two most possible explanations are:

a) Stats are broken

b) A modified MLDonkey for queue-jumping

As MLDonkey has no real upload queue queue-jumping can easily achieved
by generating a new MD4 sum for each connection. MLDonkey then thinks this is a new client and you get that huge percentage of MLDonkeys.

- generate new client MD4
- poll MLDonkey client
- wait 2s
- generate new client MD4
- poll MLDonkey client
- wait 2s
and so on until you get an upload queue.

I don't think that can be changed unless MLDonkey gets an upload queue or client identification is tied to MD4 AND IP.