Re: [Mldonkey-users] A question for devs

From: Michael Panteleit
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] A question for devs
Date: 01 Jan 2003 23:44:26 +0100

Fortin denis <address@hidden> writes:

> I made a patch to allow only interesting emule clients (emule clients
> which have a chunk we don't have yet) to download from us.

Wouldn't it be another nail for mldonkeys coffin?

I could imagine that emule-developer who hear of this feature
(cheating the credit-system) could surely consider to ban mldonkeys.

(Is my english too bad too describe my fears? I hope you get the
idea).

I would be glad if my client could ignore any emules. My d/l from them
is really bad, so why waste time and memory to track them?

Could anybody do a patch which discards emules on first sight?

I tried it with the function check_useful_clients in donkeyGlobals.ml
and defined Brand_newemules as "not useful" ;) But it didn't do the
job well.

Meikel