[Mldonkey-users] rare files

From: Christian Loitsch
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] rare files
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:55:54 +0100

i followed the last threads and wondered if mldonkey could not introduce
the following system.

I have a few files which are at 95% and only get a few kbytes every day.
(Availability is, at least sometimes, at 100%) If somebody would give me
just this few megabytes, I would be more than happy to give him my
complete bandwith for, let's say 10 times the amount of data he gave me.

It might be even possible that we tell every peer (even if it does not
have that file) what we would need most urgent.  It could then try to
get this file for us, and forward it, knowing that the reward is high.
In an extension the third client might even send this file directly to
us (or more correctly, give us a slot).

Obviously there must be some protection against peers which pretend,
that they have our file and don't send it.

And btw I really would like to have a possibility to give eg. overnet
more than the others (after all I leeched quite some time).

I also noticed that overnet doesn't get anything from me (unless I also
download from an overnet-peer).  My mldonkey version is 2.02.

I remember that overnet upload already worked (I think it was 2.01), but
even a downgrade did not (re)work.

christian loitsch