Re: [Mldonkey-users] Stats, now the big one.

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Stats, now the big one.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:54:12 +0100

hi Ultimateclem,

>> MLDonkey 2.02-0: Objective-Caml Client/Server for the eDonkey2000 Network
>> Uptime: 169335 seconds (1+23:02)
>>                 Total seens:              76264
>>                     eDonkey:               3746 (4.91 %)
>>                old mldonkey:               3858 (5.06 %)
>>                new mldonkey:              33233 (43.58 %)
>>                     Overnet:               1532 (2.01 %)
>>                   old eMule:                  0 (0.00 %)
>>                   new eMule:              33895 (44.44 %)
>>                      server:                  0 (0.00 %)
U> I'm very impressed to see how numerous new mldonkey are !
U> Are we really as many as we can see in this stat ?

As I already said: No.

These stats are not accurate anymore. AFAIK there is no good way to
recognize an overnet peer - and emules are changing md4's to the
mldonkey one to get the last slot (thats why you get this boost of
mldonkeys).

Even eDonkeys will be more in the future. I think the next version
will have the md4-Random-Generation as the default setting at startup.

So, forget about the brands. They're nonsense as of today.

-roland