[Mldonkey-users] downloading from direct/indirect clients

From: Ultimateclem
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] downloading from direct/indirect clients
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:34:01 +0100

Hi,
Just to understand how works mldonkey...

I have an A-DSL connection on a small debian system and using mld 2.02-0
precompiled version. Due to some hardware limitations, i have set
max_opened_connections to 150 and 80 sources per files seems to give me the
best download speed.

Well, when i'm watching in the gui who is giving bytes to me, i'm afraid to
see that most of the time i'm downloading from indirect client (1/3 are
direct about). And most of the peers i'm queued are indirect too (more than
2/3). This is not luck, nor hazardous situation, i have noticed that some
weeks ago.
But I know that there are more direct clients than indirect (due to server
filtering).
Why am I using the bandwith of the servers in such way ? Somebody has an idea
?
I'm curious to make the correspondance of stats between types of client
(edonkey, emule...) and type of connections. Is there a way to compile stats
of download for type of connections ?

Thanks