Re: [Mldonkey-users] CVS 2.02-1

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] CVS 2.02-1
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:04:06 +0100

hi MLdonkey,

>>  Client up for a few hours but cant see any improvement in download speed...
>>  But the initial server connect is much faster now!
M> Well, from what I have seen, the current behavior is not very
M> different from before. The new sources management main interests are:
M> - it can handle many more sources (old sources are compressed and
M>   don't use a lot of memory as before)

So, what are the current best settings?

I miss the "waiting for breaks" in the log, I can't set up the right
values for max_clients_per_second and max_sources_per_file. (Pierre
had a auto_max_sources-patch, which worked quite good and always kept
the max waiting sources around 3000, preventing memory growth).

So:

2.02-1 with 25 files downloading, 300 Sources per file and 5 clients
per second is in this moment consuming 181MB (with 2.01-pango13b it
was around 34MB). The client is running since 7 hours, and memory
usage is still increasing. Right in this second it jumped to 185MB.

I suppose the machine will kill mldonkey in a few hours (512MB
installed).

The memory usage seems to be even more cruel than before. Or are my
settings wrong?

-roland