Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Why do i have a LOWID?

From: axzv 59
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Why do i have a LOWID?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:05:17 GMT+1

> De : Sven Hartge

> > I don't feel my download rates are bad but perhaps
they could be
> > better? for example for the file X, i have "193 good
sources (96.02
> > %)" with a dl rate at about 1.5kB/s .
>
> Well, for a modem, this would be okay, for a 2mbit E1
clearly not, but
> you did not tell anything about your lines abilities, so
no one can
> judge.

Sorry i forgot. I have 1 ADSL line and 1 cable connection
mixed together. So : 64/16 + 64/16 kB/s ( they work well
with 1 routing table for each one and a "load balancing"
default route in the main table )

> > For the file Y, i have "201 good sources (100.00%)".
It seems my dl
> > rates are better since i check the option "Auto max
sources per
> > downloads", instead of having the default "hard 500".
>
> Of course, more bandwidth for downloads, less for
network overhead.

ok. is there an ideal value for this? It depends of your
link I suppose and of your dls number. Is the "auto
algorythm" used in mldonkey good enough to determine the
optimal value?

I forgot to say: for the file Y the dl rate was 20 kB/s
with about the same number of sources than file X.

I have more often about 2-3 kBs than 15-20 kB/s. But my dl
list is perhaps a little too big? ( 15-18 files )

Execution of "cs" give me about 30-35 kB/s for total
download most of the time. ( 16kB/s for total upload ).
It seems a little too slower regarding to my 2 64kB/s
links. What do you think?

Axzv59 ( Fr )

Gagne une PS2 ! Envoie un SMS avec le code PS au 61166
(0,35€ Hors coût du SMS)