Re: [Mldonkey-users] [CVS 2.02-4] eating up all RAM and doing nothi

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [CVS 2.02-4] eating up all RAM and doing nothing
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:06:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi

>>  > incrementing-Port-Server-: what's that problem ? I missed
>> something...
>>  yesterday i deleted 2000 servers with same IP, but different
>>  port-numbers (one range with only some ports missing).
>>  There is not only one ip showing this phenomenon. There are some ips
appearing 10 time, others, as mentioned 2000 times)
> So we should only keep one server by IP address ? Are there real servers
using the same IP address for different servers ?

There was one I know of (Silent Bob, 2 dservers on 1 IP). But that was
because of bad threading of the dserver binary on 2 CPUs, which has been
fixed.

After my experience we only need to check for 2 dservers on the same IP.
If there are more than 2, remove the complete IP with every port from the
list.

That would fix the bug. The other one (4662-port-servers) has already been
fixed on 2.02-5. I need to test this further. I'll report..

Roland