[Mldonkey-users] [CVS 2.02-5] Amount of downloaded bytes is a bit off

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [CVS 2.02-5] Amount of downloaded bytes is a bit off
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:35:51 +0100

Hi.

Ok, I really cannot withstand the urge of the bleeding edge ;).

,----
| 2003/01/12: Simon (tag unstable-2-02-5)
|   - DonkeyClients: add md4s of connected clients to a hashtbl to prevent
|       accepting two connections from the same client.
|   - DonkeySources1:
|      * new sources are queued LIFO.
|      * old sources are immediatly stored in old_sources.
|      * fixed adding several times the same file to one source
|   - DonkeyOptions: md4 now identifies mldonkey as emule.
|   - Gui_downloads: expose events redraw the color bar
|   - DonkeyServers: black-list servers on port 4662
|
| 2003/01/11: Simon
|   - DonkeyGlobals: remove 1 from size to compute nchunks in new_file
|   - DonkeyTypes: removed field file_all_chunks, recomputed
|   - DonkeyComplexOptions: save mtime and chunk states. mldonkey should not
|       compute the md4 at each startup anymore.
|
| 2003/01/11: Simon
|   - Source Management: ask for new sources only if we have fewer than
|       600 * max_clients_per_second new/good sources.
|   - IRC: completely working ?
|       * Connect to server and login
|       * General channels (right-menu on IRC account) such as '#mldonkey' :)
|       * In channels: receive messages, receive users, send messages, close
chat
|       * Private channels with users (double-click on user)
`----

Seems fine so far, really fast start of download, no more waiting for 30
minutes until the hashing is done.

But: For nearly all files the core thinks there are no or not many
downloaded chunks, _but_ the GUI displays nearly the whole file as
green.

The files.ini agrees with me:

,----
|      [.....]
|      file_size = 244074496
|      file_all_chunks = "22222222222222212111111111"
|      file_state = Downloading
|      file_absent_chunks = [
|       (145920000, 155320320);
|       (155340924, 155504640);
|       (165376000, 174960640);
|       (175001654, 184504320);
|       (184576888, 184688640);
|       (184832000, 194416640);
|       (194447427, 214016000);
|       (214088742, 223232000);
|       (223744000, 244074496)]
|      [....]
`----

Hopefully the core notices the present chunks after some time and
corrects its "view" upon the file.

S°

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
36: Selbsterklärend