Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet broken in 2.02-5 ?!

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] overnet broken in 2.02-5 ?!
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:11:34 +0100

Jörg Maisenbacher wrote...
> I had a look at my client_stats and there was not one overnet client
> seen. OK, i had plenty of edonkey-sources, so perhaps they were dropped.
> I decided to stop my mldonkey, deleted file_sources and set
> update_serverlist to false.
> After starting mldonkey and doing an 'ovweb' i have an overnet-only
> client, right? I didn't find one single overnet-peer, only emules and
> mldonkeys, through source-propagation ?? with new IP and absolut
> non-standard port [overnet & edonkey] - sounds strange to me.

Did you *change* the port? If not a lot of peers still know you and
will connect to you - even if your mldonkey dont know about any
servers or clients.

> |Uptime: 1221 seconds (0+00:20)
> |                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
> |                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
> so i assume i get connected to overnet-peers, but no source is received,
> nor is this peer added to client_stats.

MLDonkey 2.02-5:
Uptime: 89790 seconds (1+00:56)
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
Total filerequests received:                800
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
            Total downloads:         1647087732
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
              Total uploads:         1846483721
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
You didn't ban any client yet

So no Overnet in client_stats but
ovstats
Overnet statistics:
  Search hits: 0
  Source hits: 291777
[long list]
  Number of known Overnet peers = 2032
and a lot of
Search keyword for 1EEB1240CCFASOMEMD4IKNOW (10 not_asked, 32
asked, 22 done, 0 hits, 0 results) publish

Also my firewall tells me about a lot of transfers on the overnet-port
so i guess only the stats are broken for overnet...