Re: [Mldonkey-users] moving files/config

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] moving files/config
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:17:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi

>> moving from 2.02-release to the CVS, what do i copy over?
> I just copy the binaries.

The same for me.

>>From time to time I start mldonkey in a new directory to let it create
> a new downloads.ini. So I can check which options got new defaults.
> But I can't recommend 2.02-5, I just returned to 2.02-4.

After experiences on 3 mldonkeys, I can recommend 2.02-5 over 2.02-4. The
Memory Bloating is way less harmful, the sources management is better and
the hash-reducing is a good feature to step up to release 5.

But I don't understand this:
--
  - Source Management: ask for new sources only if we have fewer than
      600 * max_clients_per_second new/good sources.

Whats the exact formula? I want to test it in the wild, but I don't get it.

Roland