[Mldonkey-users] Re: moving files/config

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: moving files/config
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:43:21 +0100

"Roland Arendes" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From time to time I start mldonkey in a new directory to let it
>> create a new downloads.ini. So I can check which options got new
>> defaults.  But I can't recommend 2.02-5, I just returned to 2.02-4.

> After experiences on 3 mldonkeys, I can recommend 2.02-5 over 2.02-4.
> The Memory Bloating is way less harmful, the sources management is
> better and the hash-reducing is a good feature to step up to release
> 5.

But the two bug bugs, a) chunk sharing and b) saving of incomplete
chunks have to be fixed.

> But I don't understand this:
> --
>  - Source Management: ask for new sources only if we have fewer than
>      600 * max_clients_per_second new/good sources.
> --
> ??

> Whats the exact formula? I want to test it in the wild, but I don't get it.

600 * 5 = 3000 sources

So my mldonkey will stop to search for new sources, if

Queue[Immediat clients]: 0 sources
Queue[Good clients]: 384 sources
Queue[Concurrent Sources]: 0 sources
Queue[Old sources]: 0 sources
Queue[New sources]: 0 sources
Queue[sources]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources 1]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources 2]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources 3]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources 4]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources]: 0 sources

good sources and new sources exceed 3000.

S°

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
38. You might as well all go home early today ...