Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems while compiling CVS2.02-5

From: Taros666
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems while compiling CVS2.02-5
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:38:31 +0100

Benjamin Hujer wrote:
I've downloaded the latest CVS. If I enter ./configure --enable-batch --disable-multinet
&& make depend && make i get this error:

Building dependencies fails: try: 'make depend' or 'gmake depend'
-snip-
cd config; autoconf
/bin/sh: autoconf: command not found
make: *** [config/configure] Fehler 127

I never had this problem while compiling 2.02-4 or the older releases. What's
going wrong?

Lets be mean:

Never ever post HTML mails to a mailinglist! Go get a mailer!

You are lucky, as we are all fortune-teller, we know exactly what your system looks like and we all know the kind of Linux you use (the Distor and Kernel), your gcc compiler version and all other stuff that could help to see what your problem is!

And the solution is:

Update autoconf! (or at least install it!)

:)

Taros666