[Mldonkey-users] Problem with CVS version

From: Bo Rosén
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Problem with CVS version
Date: 16 Jan 2003 21:04:49 +0100

I've tried the CVs version for the first time and am encountering a (to
me) strange problem. I'm not a programmer, but I'll try to explain as
best I can.

When I try to download a file, the core prints this message in the
terminal:

AFTER put_absents:
  chunk[0]: ok
 etc etc etc
  chunk[37]: ok
Exception Failure("float_of_string") in decode/exec

The gui-client is disconnected and I have to kill the core.

when I restart mldonkey I get the same messages and the client can't
connect to the core. If I erase everything in temp and files.ini
mldonkey starts again.

Mandrake 9.0, AMD 1Gig, 128 Ram, lots of hd space.
I checked out from CVs with the commands from the FAQ, with a . (dot)
for module name and ran
/.configure --enable-batch
make depend
make
then moved the executables as detailed in INSTALL.TXT to a separate
directory.

I've run previous versions of mldonkey without any problems.

Thanks
--
Bo Rosén <address@hidden>