Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet future in mldonkey

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet future in mldonkey
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:17:51 +0100

> http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBBovr/viewtopic.php?t=44571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
>
>  So will development of the overnet support in MLDonkey be stopped for
>  a while? BTW, eMule with their *credit system* (hrrr) will get soon
>  into the overnet too, what I consider to be a disadvantage.

No, overnet support is left as it is. If we can improve it, we will do
of course (if there are bugs, they will be fixed). But the credit
system of Emule is another war, and we have to prepare our weapons for
this one too. I don't think the protocol will really help them, since
they already had access to mldonkey sources, but they would have
managed to get access anyway to overnet (cDonkey is supposed to have
working Overnet support in 2 weeks, written in C).

For example, we will start banning users with long upload queues (>500? > 1000
?),
so that they are forced to remove it. And without long upload queues,
the credit system has no real effect...

- MLDonkey