[Mldonkey-users] Re: Which version?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Which version?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:04:04 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sven Hartge wrote...
>> Sergio Bayarri Gausi <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> So my question is... Should I stay with my 2.02-2 version? Is it safe
>>> to upgrade to 2.02-5? Would it be better to upgrade only to 2.02-4 and
>>> wait for Simon & co to release 2.02-6?

>> I'd stay at 2.02-2, if this version works for you.

> At least *try* 2.02-5...it works great for me ATM! If you find out
> 2.02-2 works better for you - stay with it. (back it up)

> BTW: loosing incomplete chunks on restart isnt so bad....how often
> does this happen? One a week? (update to new versions only of course!)

Well, I shut down the computer running the mldonkey every night (my
machines are way to loud, and I am to lazy to build a water cooling
system).

And because I download some very rare files, where I barely get one
chunk per day, losing the bytes gathered is really painful for me.

This is why I backed out all the changes concerning the new MD4 handling
and kept only the ones for the GUI and the sources management.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
94. Sysadmin's down in the administrative offices fixing one of their