Re: [Mldonkey-users] Improvements on emules

From: Martin Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Improvements on emules
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:23:52 +0100

Hi Martin,

Du schriebst am Samstag, 18. Januar 2003 um 13:35:07:

> I dont think Martin meant it that way (correct me if im wrong). I
> think he meant we should prefer them in our upload-queue. (and send
> them real chunks so we climb up faster in their queue)

ACK

> I think this could work...but again will disturb the balance between
> clients some more because of the official client not beeing able to to that.
> So i think this would be good for us - good for emules - bad for the network!

Not necessarily. Lets put it in other words: The huge queues and the
credit system wasn't our invention. In fact i think it is bad for all
clients which are not optimized for it. Also it's bad for all, who
gets disconnected at some point and have to start all over again in
the queues.

So it isn't bad for the network if we go and think about ways the
credit system can be usefull, can be used by us. Isn't that the only
option we have so far? Emules are everywhere, noone will use the
classic client anymore if he has the choice.

On the other hand, should we only stand by side hoping to get our fair
chances of download by repeating over and over again that the queues
are way to big and the credit system nothing we want? We can do
nothing about that, mldonkeys are the minority...

Gruß,
  Martin

--
PGP public key ID:  0x27D580B5
PGP public key fingerprint: 3761 E66D 8600 EF88  A547 65B7 1CBC 1F8F